I run. Therefore I am.
Sometimes it’s hard, it’s painful and I want to stop.
I push through. I make it work.
Because I love it.
I run for mental and physical health.
I run because I love the feeling of freedom.
I run because I love the challenge.
- I’m a 40+ year old mother of three who has always enjoyed running.
- Nothing for 15+ years after high school.
- The weight came and went and came again, I was unfit and unhappy.
- So I started walking 5k a day until I was bored with the speed. I started running and I was hooked once again.
- That was mid 2014.
- 2015 – I started booking up races, starting with a half marathon.
- 3 years on and I have run a marathon, a bunch of halves, many 10’s and a few 5’s.
- what I have learnt along the way is immeasurable and life long.
I run because I can.
I run because it is fun.
I run to have complete and absolute ‘me’ time.
I run for health and fitness.
I run because I love how I feel afterwards.
I run because I love the feeling of accomplishment after a long hard session.
I run because I love to eat. A lot.
I run because it is simply amazing to get out there and just do it!
Tell me.. why don’t you run? Why do you run?
After 3 years (2018-2018) of non stop training and racing I have to pull up due to injury.
I spend 2019 doing smaller runs and adding strength workouts to help regain some fitness.
2020, I am back and ready to continue strength and run my way. Over weight due to several life circumstances that zapped any motivation and oomph to exercise. Ready to kick some arse.